Subject: Re:Japanese
To: None <>
From: Tatoku Ogaito <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/10/2000 13:58:04
 Torsten Sadowski <> wrote:

 > I had some successes but more failures. After installing several fonts
 > lynx did display japanese characters, but it wasn't meaningful text. Then

I use kterm with "-km euc" option and lynx works fine with .lynxrc
which has "character_set=Japanese (EUC)".

 > Kinput2 required freewnn, canna and sj3 libs.

I don't use canna nor sj3, so my /etc/mk.conf has following lines

 > Do I need a Kanji-server too(I installed freewnn-server anyway)?

Yes, since Kinput2 is just a frontend to Kana-Kanji-transform-server.
After executing "jserver", "kinput2 -wnn" should work fine.