Subject: Re: rxvt, *term umlaut problem
To: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/10/2000 00:08:33
From when is your rxvt? Is it compiled from pkgsrc?

I removed some configure options from the rxvt pkg sometime last week; it
enabled greek and japanese encodings, but disabled all european umlaut
input. A proper solution is still outstanding (feedback supplied to
the rxvt maintainers).

I just tried: my old rxvt on this machine didn't display umlauts as well,
a new compiled shows all (including \ and ~, but you need to use some
kernel config options for it, like

options 	PCKBD_LAYOUT="(KB_DE | KB_NODEAD)"

otherwise, wscons will interfere with X11 input and you loose i.e. "~".

Martin