Subject: Re: rxvt, *term umlaut problem
To: None <>
From: Brad Spencer <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/09/2000 18:33:13
   In message <>, Tee
   mu Rinta-aho writes:

   >P.S. "" <- my umlauts, can you see anything?
   Actually, yes, I can, using exmh, MH, or just 'cat' on an xterm.  And
   your 'od' example showed the umlauts, as well as high-bit set bytes.
   This suggests that the problem is with output, not input -- your
   keyboard is working just fine.  Might there be a font problem?

		   --Steve Bellovin

I can see the umlaunts on my xterms just fine.  The problem is likely to
be a font issue.  By example:

	xterm -fn 12x24  -- yields an xterm window that is able to see the

	xterm -fn 6x12   -- yields an xterm that can not

Brad Spencer -  - & - [IPv6 only]
[finger for PGP public key]