Subject: Re: rxvt, *term umlaut problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/09/2000 09:58:18
On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> Actually, yes, I can, using exmh, MH, or just 'cat' on an xterm.  And
> your 'od' example showed the umlauts, as well as high-bit set bytes.
> This suggests that the problem is with output, not input -- your
> keyboard is working just fine.  Might there be a font problem?

This can be checked with xfd(1). For example:

    xfd -fn 6x13

Teemu: I use 6x13 for my xterms and pine as my mailer, and your umlauts
show up fine. What fonts do you have your xterm/rxvt using? For xterm,
this should give the list:

    appres XTerm | egrep font

--
"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell." - Aldous Huxley