Subject: Re: packages help
To: Justin Heath <justin@bbnow.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/02/2000 15:05:23
On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 12:16:07PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Mutt made me believe that Justin Heath wrote:
> > have been building non-stop. Is there a way to see these dependencies
> > before I start building a package?
>
> 	make run-depends-list
>
> > Can I go back and see what packages
> > installed to satisfy these dependencies?

pkg_info lists packages in installed order. If you know the last thing
you installed, you can read the list of packages after it. Perhaps
pkg_info should have a Date of install display option.

pkg_info -R sounds like what you want, (depending on whether you meant
what got installed that I didn't already have, or what was needed, including
what I had) - but the sense is the reverse of what I expected.

> > Is there a way to set the
> > dependencies to 'no auto' and prompt me to satisfy dependencies?

make NO_DEPENDS=yes  will try to build, and ignore the deps, but it won't
prompt you. You could use this if you make a depends list and install all
of that first... but why?

If the builds take longer than you'd like, you could always use the binary
packages.

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown