Subject: Re: packages help
To: Justin Heath <justin@bbnow.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/02/2000 12:16:07
Hi!

Mutt made me believe that Justin Heath wrote:
> I am installing the package 'antiword'. This package seems to have
> dependencies to packages that have more dependencies and so on.

Weird. As far as I know, antiword doesn't have any dependencies.

> Packages
> have been building non-stop. Is there a way to see these dependencies
> before I start building a package?

Type
	make run-depends-list

> Can I go back and see what packages
> installed to satisfy these dependencies?

Not easily -- if you started with a clean tree, you can check which
directories now have a work directory:
	ls -d /usr/pkgsrc/*/*/work*

> Is there a way to set the
> dependencies to 'no auto' and prompt me to satisfy dependencies?

I don't think so.

> Also this is on the same subject but off the topic of dependencies. If I
> have been building a package and the ftp server is slow as hell, can I
> stop the build cleanly and tell it to use a different ftp server?

I'm not sure what you mean: If the ftp server for the distribution
files is too slow, and you're right now downloading a file, there's no
automatic way to stop the download and get the rest of the file from a
different distribution site; just cancel the download, delete the
partially fetched distfile and modify the MASTER_SORT,
MASTER_SORT_REGEX and/or MASTER_SITE_* variables in /etc/mk.conf (see
pkgsrc/mk/mk.conf.example).

Hope this helps,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
I think...I think it's in my basement. Let me go upstairs and check.