Subject: Re: Japanese
To: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/30/2000 19:51:56
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Henry Nelson wrote:

> > openssl".) "lynx" isn't supposed to install without openssl-0.9.5a.
>
> Have you checked with the person who made the package?  Normally
> Lynx does not ship with the hooks installed for SSL support, and they
> have to be patched on manually by the person making the build.

I gather that he is building the current lynx pkgsrc on
NetBSD-1.4.2/hp. I've made the NetBSD package pull the openssl hooks
in automatically, and this is the first report of a problem like this.
I did only test it with the current, (at the time) openssl package, so
perhaps there was a major change since 1.4.2 (in which case, openssl
should have gotten a version bump, but clearly didn't). How about
upgrading openssl, to see if that helps?

Frederick