Subject: Re: Japanese
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/27/2000 17:08:16
> > Won't you also need one of canna/canuum or wnn/uum?
>
> Oh, yes, of course.  Or skkserv/skkinput.

What is your recommendation for NetBSD without X?  So far in a
text environment the canuum interface has been totally useless.

> > What IS the proper LC_ALL for Japanese?  So far I only define
> > "LANG=ja_JP.eucJP."  (Works for viewing, but not input.)
>
> That might be OS dependent; ja_JP.eucJP is OK with XPG4DL
                ^^
What is "XPG4DL?"

I thought the OS was NetBSD.  Presently I use 1.4.2 on three
platforms: /i386, /sparc and /pc98.  I'd like Japanese input to
work _satisfactorily_ on all of them, but I'll settle for any.

I really would like to resolve this issue since not being able
to input Japanese is the ONLY reason I have to continue using
Windows (Atok) and cannot move 100% to BSD.

henry nelson