Subject: Re: Help installing top
To: Andrew W. Robinson <awr@cpu.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/12/2000 21:59:29
On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 12:48:06PM -0500, Andrew W. Robinson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I inherited a PC running NetBSD used as our backup server. I don't have
> much hands-on with NetBSD (though I think it is very cool). I could not
> find the top program anywhere on it, so I'm trying to build and install it.
> After building top and running it in place, I get these error messages:

There is a package system for NetBSD, which will allow you to easily build
third-party programs. Just run 'make install' in the directory you want and
it will download the sources, patch it if needed, run configure with the
rigth arguments, compile and install. You can find more details
on http://www.netbsd.org/ (sorry, I'm offline so I can't check the exact
URL). the pkg system is available from:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/pkgsrc.tgz

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>