Subject: Routes disappearing in 1.3.3?
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/06/2000 11:56:08
Hi,

I have set four permanent routes like this:

route add host1 router
route add host2 router
route add host3 router
route add host4 router

For some time, the routes work just fine, but after a random period of
time, NetBSD forgets about the routes and netstat -r reports route to
"host1" with gateway "host1".  The routes disappear one by one, not all
at once.

When this happens, the routing tables must be getting corrupted somehow
because route command may hang or even crash the system.

I have replaced the hardware and RAM with no change, so I think it must
be a software issue.

Is this a known problem in 1.3.3 and if so, is there a fix for it?
I have to reboot this system every few days now and I hate it.. ;-) :-(

Thanks,

  -jm