Subject: Re: setting up NIS (slightly off topic)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/30/2000 20:43:17
On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 08:27:01AM -0500, Donald Lee wrote:

> Are there any good "HOWTO" docs on setting up NIS on NetBSD 1.3.3 and
> 1.4.2?

I got a lot of useful information from the O'Reilly _Managing NFS and
NIS_ book, along with man pages.

a working, multiplatform, documented yp is one of my favorite things
about NetBSD.  I can bring a box from scratch up in less than an hour
(install media permitting) and have it folded into my network, complete
with automounted home directories.  It's very nice!

    "[N]ow would be a great time for record companies to start releasing
       everything on vinyl."  --  David Wolf, regarding mp3 pirating