Subject: Re: Missing mksmbpasswd.sh In Samba 2.0.7 ?
To: Nick Boyce <nick@glimmer.demon.co.uk>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/26/2000 21:11:42
On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 02:19:18AM +0100, Nick Boyce wrote:
> I just installed the package collection's precompiled Samba 2.0.7
> package for NetBSD 1.4.2 (on a DEC 5240 running pmax), and got the
> following messages from the install :
>
>  bash-2.04# pkg_add samba-2.0.7.tgz
>  missing: ./share/doc/html (created)
>  Creating /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd..../+INSTALL:
>  /usr/pkg/bin/mksmbpasswd.sh: not found
>  done.
>
> Does anyone know whether the message about "mksmbpasswd.sh" being
> missing is significant ?   Did anyone else get the same thing ?

Hum I installed from source and didn't notice this problem.
Anyway, you have to find a way to generate the passwd if you don't already
have a smbpasswd file (mksmbpasswd.sh won't do it, it only creates the user)
so this isn't a really big issue. You can use smbpasswd -a <user> to
have the user enter his password (I have a small suid program which allow a
unix user to enter his samba passwd).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>