Subject: Re: pkgsrc/devel/libtool 1.3.5nb5 problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Pettersson <dave@se.linux.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/24/2000 11:27:04
On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 02:59:10PM -0400, Steven Grunza wrote:

> ld: /usr/lib/c++rt0.o: illegal reloc type mix
> *** Error code 1

I've run into the same problems myself, and the reason for this
illegal reloc type mix message, is that the linker is not able
to link your object code with the crt code.

This is due to the fact that you only can generate a.out binaries,
which aren't to good to use when you want dynamically linked
libraries. This is the reason for the invention of elf binaries.

I think I've seen a Convert-To-Elf-Howto-Or-Something doc on
www.netbsd.org, but I haven't actually read it. As for a solution
to your problem, I'm without :).

David

--