Subject: Re: where is the cvsweb attic of usr.bin?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/24/2000 17:23:53
"Jeremy C. Reed" wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Simon Burge wrote:
> > Attic's appear in the directory where the file was removed.  For example,
> > look at .
> I was just thinking that if something was removed then the entry would be
> gone. I would guess -- using the example -- elvis would be in
> basesrc/usr.bin/attic/elvis ...

I guess it's too much work for CVS to track whether or not all files
have moved inside a directory and them move entire directory contents
around (remember that CVS was basically just a smart wrapper around RCS
commands).  So invidual files get moved out to the Attic, and when there
is no more files, the directory disappears (if you 'cvs update -P').
This is why you see the .keep_me files (or some similar name) in some

Simon Burge                            <>
NetBSD Sales, Support and Service: