Subject: Re: How to change from suse_base-6.3 to suse_base-6.1 on i386
To: Steven Grunza <grunza@pc-grunza-p.ulticom.com>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/19/2000 12:16:32
Steven Grunza <grunza@pc-grunza-p.ulticom.com> writes:

> I would like to try framemaker; however, I have suse_base-6.3
> installed and it appears that framemaker needs suse_base-6.1.  How
> can I change to 6.1.  I can't find any pre-compiled versions of 6.1
> and pkgsrc seems to want to build 6.3

Do a "cvs log" of the Makefile in suse_base and see when it switched
from 6.1 to 6.3, then, in each suse subdirectory, do 'cvs update -D "X
months ago"', where "X" is a number sufficiently far in the past to
get the 6.1 version. Finally, do a make clean in each suse directory,
and a make install. If the tarfile is still around, that should
install the older suse.

Of course, this may break lots of other stuff - are you sure you don't
want to just dig in and fix the problem with framemaker and 6.3
instead? ;-)