Subject: Re: native pthread support in 1.5
To: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/28/2000 22:06:55
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, John Maier wrote:
> How then do we (NetBSD) support Linux compat pthread in 1.5?

I'm not 100% sure, IIRC most of Linux threads are userland things, with a
bit of kernel support. Please ask on tech-kern for better explanation.

> BTW don't go scrambling to the pkgsrc looking for it.  [if my memory serves
> me right] It was removed some time ago to keep people from trying to install
> it and then when it failed, sending PRs to pkgsrc telling them that it does
> not work . (like I did...)

pkgsrc/misc/staroffice? I've never tried it.
AFAIK it doesn't use as much threads as the clone() system call.

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!