Subject: Re: native pthread support in 1.5
To: None <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/28/2000 14:49:45
How then do we (NetBSD) support Linux compat pthread in 1.5?

Is the pthread stuff (on Linux) a library or native to the Linux kernel?

I.e. StarOffice uses (p)threads and in the pkgsrc the StarOffice pkg
Makefile checks to see if you are using 1.5 because of the threading.

BTW don't go scrambling to the pkgsrc looking for it.  [if my memory serves
me right] It was removed some time ago to keep people from trying to install
it and then when it failed, sending PRs to pkgsrc telling them that it does
not work . (like I did...)

I'm not trying to be difficult, just curious.

John Maier
Administrator
Midamerica Internet Services
573-446-8881