Subject: Re: Canon S20 USB Digital Camera - How To?
To: None <,>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/28/2000 02:32:01
In article <> you wrote:
> Is there anything in NetBSD-land (probably in packages) that can work
> with this camera?  Or am I doomed to using my employer-provided laptop
> to grab my pictures?  :)

Plug it in, and see what happens.
Ideally, it shows up as a umass device, and wdX attaches to it.
Digital (still) cameras are intended to act as harddisks in USB land.

If the camera comes with it's own protocol, you have a problem, though.
For a Kodak something290, a program called 'ophoto' helped me.
I have patches here but didn't get around to put the whole thing into
pkgsrc (it was not my camera that I tried this with).

 - Hubert

NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!