Subject: How do I use a calling card number in chat?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/22/2000 21:56:38
I'm running 1.5_ALPHA on a laptop and can't figure out for the life of
me how to pass my calling card number to chat!  I am able to connect to
my ISP via chat/ppp when I call locally but the same script fails when I
try to call long distance.  What I want to do is dial my ISP's number,
pause for a second or two, and then dial my calling card number.  My
chat script is below:

TIMEOUT 60
ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
'' ATZ OK
ATDT\T\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\p\U
CONNECT

\T is my ISP's number, \U is my calling card number and \p is (according
to the chat man page) a 1/10th second pause.  The script dies after a
while with a "Connect script failed" message.  My log file shows the
modem dialing out and then a "NO CARRIER" message.  All this is made
more complicated by the fact that my "laptop" is actually an IBM z50
Workpad running the hpcmips port -- I have no sound output to gauge when
(if) my script is pausing before dialing my calling card number.

Any help appreciated...

Thanks,

Steve