Subject: Re: Mozilla M17?
To: LraiseR <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
From: Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@mission.mvnc.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/19/2000 15:44:31
I'm using Mozilla M17 at work (we're a Linux shop). It does not come with
HTTPS support. You have to download this thing off the Mozilla site called
Password Security Manager or something like that. It adds HTTPS support
and offers to remember your usernames/passwords for all the sites you go
to.  I've only installed it as a binary package, and am not sure where to
get it from source. CVS if nothing else :-)

> Shin'ichiro TAYA wrote:
>
> > 1)setenv MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla & run regchrome and
> > make files and directories under
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/chrome/overlayinfo readable by anyone.
> This fix worked prefectly! Thank you!
>
> BUT, https:// does not work...!?
> Whenever I try to open an https site (I tried with 4 different, and each
> works fine under netscape 4.74) an everytime I get the message
> "The connection was refused when attempting to contact <sitename>."
>
> Can this be fixed?
>
> Thank you!
> Paolo Torelli

-----
In computer terms, hardware is the stuff you can hit with a baseball bat,
and software is the stuff you can only swear at.
   -from a web page explaining what hardware, software, and firmware are
----