Subject: Re: ArcServe and Linux Emul
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/16/2000 16:23:55
In article <399A9E4C.F81C8E41@lundman.net>,
	Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net> writes:

> Looking at the very latest ArcServe Client for Linux to run under
> emulation with NetBSD-1.4.2 x86.
>
> I've grabbed the /lib from a RedHat 6.2 (claimed supported by the
> readme.txt for arcserve) and stdlibc++2.9 but I get
>
> root@netbsd(/usr/uagent)  ktrace ./uagentd
> Bad system call
>
>  25778 uagentd  CALL  [197]

Even the 2.2.16 Linux kernel sources define only 190 system calls for
the i386 port.

>  25778 uagentd  PSIG  SIGSYS SIG_DFL
>
> Which I guess is mmap()? but I may be wrong :)

My guess is that either you use the environment variable "LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
so that the Linux "/lib/ld-linux.so.2" will use a NetBSD shared library
or the shared libraries are bogus. You should try UAgent with the
"suse_linux" package.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                            http://www.sighardstrasse.de/~tron/