Subject: A FreeBSD problem (off topic ?)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <daemonuser@email.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/16/2000 14:52:49
Hi!

This is a question I have on FreeBSD disklabels.  I had originally posted
it to the `freebsd-questions' list, but for soem reason it kept bouncing
back (and even the owners didn't help out on writing ...).

I have an extended partition, and that has logical drives in it (which has
my Linux partition).  I can access those from NetBSD (or atleast I think I
know how to), but FreeBSD seems to have a different way of using
disklabels.  Would anybody on this list who might have freebsd experience
please help me out.  Please.

And while I am on it, why is it that I can have only 8 partitions (a-h) ?
Is there any way to increase it.  `a' is root, `b' is swap, `c,'`d' are
reserved, and `e,'`f' have /usr and /var on them -- leaving me with just
`g' and `h.'  Anyways to increase the number ?

Thanks.

-Rakhesh