Subject: Re: SFBA NUG (Tues 8th) + SF City Meeting (Thur 10th)
To: Julian Stacey <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/08/2000 06:45:37
>Erik Berls wrote:
>> SF City Meeting:
>>   Thursday, August 10, 2000. 7:30pm
>>   At approximately 8:30-9:00, we will be moving to Magnolia's for food.
>>   It is just down the street.
>SFBA NUG drinkers spam planet wide again on netbsd-announce, & again
> fails to moderate netbsd-announce@ to strip local drinks
>junk & maintain signal/noise ratio.  Cut The Crap SFBA NUG, Use a local
>mail list, pointed to from for visitors to SF.

it serves more than just to announce beer.  i reminds me that the new
york people aren't getting together as often.  it lets me know that if
i'm in the area (i go to california every now and then) that there's
some place that will be nice to go.

btw - complaining about spam doesn't help the signal-to-noise ratio