Subject: Re: BOUNCE Approval required:
To: None <>
From: Julian Stacey <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/07/2000 00:34:30

Herb Peyerl wrote:
>  wrote:
>  > SFBA NUG drinkers spam planet wide again on netbsd-announce, & again
>  > fails to moderate netbsd-announce@ to strip local dr
> inks
>  > junk & maintain signal/noise ratio.  Cut The Crap SFBA NUG, Use a local
>  > mail list, pointed to from for visitors to SF.
> Actually, 'postmaster' doesn't moderate netbsd-announce.  I do.  I also
> determine the criteria for passing posts to the list, and as a result,
> so quit whining.

I apologise for wrongly naming you.  I had recalled writing you before about
this, & getting no action, but it seems it's Herb at fault, not yours.  Sorry !

Others,  Please write Herb Peyerl <> (as moderator
of netbsd-announce@ ) that spamming the world about BSD booze ups in SF
severely degrades the signal to noise ratio of announce@ compared with _real_
announcements, EG major new releases, ports new this month, security etc.

Cross posting SF netbsd-advocacy@ & netbsd-users@ is debatable, but arrogantly
spamming netbsd-announce@ with SFBA NUG drinks venues just degrades announce@ .

Julian Stacey
Munich Unix Consultant.