Subject: T-Online w/ modem, anyone?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/01/2000 23:16:27
[Please keep me in the CC: as i'm not subscribed to this list!]

I just spent almost the whole day to find out the correct Chat
script for a dialin to the german ISP T-Online:

	ABORT BUSY      '' AT
                        OK ATZ
                        OK ATL1
                        OK ATD0191011
                        CONNECT '.'
                                ^^^

It seems the trailing '.' is mandatory, though I don't need this with any
other ISP I've tried. Can anyone here confirm that the '.' is needed, or
give some hings on what's going on?

Without that, the connection gets terminated by the remote end without an
answer after sending the first LCP ConfReq frame.

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!