Subject: Re: RAIDframe works fine, but I'm wondering...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/25/2000 16:19:22
Greg Oster wrote:

> > Raid is so much easier to setup compared to ccd.
>
> :) I'm happy to hear someone say that :)
>
> Later...

I't struelly beautiful I must say. :)  I want want to look at doing some
simple encryption for it, rather than ccd for the very same reason. I
would assume passing the key from "mount" time which is presumably
loaded into some in-memory place, and putting calls in the raid_read()
and raid_write() to de/encode as propriately. Not sure if that's the
right time/layer to do the encryption.

I guess that will only save me if the box is rebooted (key is lost) as
opposed to someone having root on the machine (gdb'ing to fetch out the
key?)

Not my strong point, but I need it :) (Not bad enough to run Linux/PPDD)

Lund

--
Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
Technology Manager, Unix Administrator