Subject: Re: apcupsd
To: Thilo Remmele <remmele@ww.uni-erlangen.de>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/21/2000 10:18:21
On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 08:30:01AM +0200, Thilo Remmele wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I can start the apcupsd (pkgsrc) right after using minicom -s
> (to verify that the connection to the ups is fine) and the apcupsd
> works.
> But if apcupsd is started at boot time (rc.local) apcupsd hangs.
> I think the reason is a wrong baud rate for the /dev/tty00,
> because this is the thing I changed in minicom, but I don't
> know how to set this up at boot time, so apcupsd will work.

How about using

stty -a -f /dev/whatever

to check what the baud rate is and

stty -f /dev/whatever speed nnnnn

to set the speed _after_ apcupsd has started (the serial port speed
is (was?) initialized to default value when the port is opened).

I know nothing about apcupsd, but stty _does_ set the port speed.. :)

HTH,

  -jm