Subject: Re: lyx does not run on HP425t under NetBSD-1.4.2
To: Torsten Sadowski <moehl@akaflieg.extern.tu-berlin.de>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/12/2000 09:14:01
My short answer is: Dunno.  I build stuff from pkgsrc and it just
works.  (^&  The longer answer follows:

> I did reinstall lyx, xforms and xpm from source and later added Mesa from

From _source_ (i.e., by hand) or from pkgsrc (i.e., where everything
should automatically sort itself out)?

It's not clear from this message (nor, as I recall, from your
original) whether you are using pkgsrc.

> source. I also have now a Sun 3/50 running Netbsd as an Xserver but the
> problem persists. In the xforms distribution is a Readme which says that
> gl support is in the static libxforms.a but not in the dynamic
> libxforms-0.88.s.o. It further states I have to add gl.c to the dynamic
> lib if I want gl support but I don't know how to do it.
> Can I use ld to link xforms or lyx statically to the Mesa libs AFTER
> compiling?

After the normal link pass, you mean?  I don't know; I wouldn't expect
that you could statically link an already-linked executable image.

If you are using pkgsrc, you shouldn't have to worry about this.  If
pkgsrc is screwing up, check the NetBSD bug repository to see if someone's
already send-pr'ed it, and if so, whether they have a solution or
workaround (and if not, you might send-pr your problem...).

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."  --rkr@rkr.kcnet.com