Subject: Re: Disable Kerberos in 1.5(_ALPHA)?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/26/2000 21:51:14
On 26.06.00, 21:14:50, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

[about kerberos trouble with 1.5]

> Interesting, on my PC at home I don't have any problems with login
> but su takes a looong time. I have 2 PC at work installed from
> the same sources and they don't have problems with either login or
> su. But these are fully networked, if it makes a difference.

So far I have only one machine running 1.5_ALPHA (connected to a small
but very heterogeneous LAN with AmigaOS, NetBSD-1.4.2, NetBSD-1.4ZD,
Linux, Windows NT, dial-up-intenet with isdn4bsd), and login takes
forever, then prints "Warning: no kerberos tickets issued." and logs
me in using local password.

su only prints a short warning, but gives me a root shell instantly.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: Ports to * boards.
		-- Steve Woodford