Subject: Re: Disable Kerberos in 1.5(_ALPHA)?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/26/2000 17:29:58
On 26.06.00, 17:24:07, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 05:13:46PM +0200, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> > Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de> writes:
> >
> > > I'd be grateful if someone could point out how to disable kerberos
> > > in NetBSD-1.5, and also give some pointers to general introductory
> > > and configuration information about kerberos.
> >
> > # echo MKKERBEROS=no >> /etc/mk.conf
>
> I would assume he meant at runtime, and not by rebuilding the whole
> system..

I my previous wording was unclear, that was in fact what I meant. I
was aware of the fact that I could rebuild the system without kerberos
support. But what about the binary snapshots? Will there be
Kerberos-enabled by default (Might be a problem for stand-alone
machines at home that don't need/want Kerberos)? Will there be two
different distributions (Very Bad[tm])?

Maybe en/disabling Kerberos authenticaction should be added to
nsswitch.conf

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: No Sh;t!