Subject: PPP Question - IPCP Timeouts
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/19/2000 11:15:26
I'm switching ISPs, and I'm having some trouble getting my existing peer
file working with the new peer. First off, with the old one, I had a
static IP address, so I had the myaddr:youraddr line in the peer file.
With this ISP, I'm getting a dynamic one. That may be the whole of the
problem. I'm trying to use demand/persist dialing. I understand that
I'll need to include ":youraddr" in the peer file - but my question is,
how do I find out what that address should be? Also, I tried dialing it
without demand/persist, and after user/password validation, it starts
the ppp session, then after about 20 seconds, I get disconnected with
"IPCP Timeout" errors, no response or something like that. (ever so
helpful, aren't I?). I'll try to email more details tonight when I'm at
home.

Any ideas?

 -J. Buck Caldwell