Subject: Re: Ensoniq PCI
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/11/2000 11:03:50
In message <20000611145209.B793@antioche.eu.org>, Manuel Bouyer writes:

>> This is a severe problem with our current web pages.
>> They talk about devices as supported when they do not
>> work in any release. This is not reasonable.
>
>I'm not sure it's not reasonale. It should just be clear that they're
>only supported in -current.

Sure, that's fine. But it's poor when the web pages say
"NetBSD supports foo" and then "download this latest release
to get NetBSD" but doesn't mention that foo isn't supported.

Ideally the web page would have something like:

	The following devices are supported as of NetBSD-current:

	  xx
	  yy

	The following devices are supported as of NetBSD 1.4.2:

	   zz
	   za

	The following devices are supported as of NetBSD 1.4.1:

	   zb
	   zpizza

etc.

--jhawk