Subject: Re: Quota and mail.local
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/12/2000 16:23:34
>> Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>mail.local uses root privileges, so quotas don't help.  I once hacked
>mail.local to use user privileges when opening the mailbox - this prevents
>appending new messages to mailbox when users run out of quota.  I was hoping
>that the change (or a similar one) would be applied to the source tree, but
>it hasn't..  (I used an option to mail.local to enable the new behaviour,
>so by default everything worked just like before.)

the sendmail-8.10.1 release notes have this to say on the subject:

        MAIL.LOCAL: Will not be installed setuid root.  To use mail.local
                as local delivery agent without LMTP mode, use
                MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `+S')
                to set the S flag.

but i'm not sure of the lineage of the mail.local that netbsd actually
uses, nor if the one that's installed is the one from newer sendmails
or not.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|