Subject: Re: strange netbsd iso image
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Almquist <almq@ludd.luth.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/10/2000 16:27:33
On Wed, 10 May 2000, Jon Lindgren wrote:
<-- cut -->

> It was my understanding that it went like this (someone please correct me
> if I'm wrong):
>
> iso9660 only supports 8.3 names, and only allows 8 levels of directories.

According to http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~pje/iso9660.html the iso9660
file format supports longer filenames, but not if it is used with DOS.

The iso9660 if I'm not misstaken supports filenames with up to 31
characters.

EazyCD Creator should be able to burn discs according to the iso9660
standard (at least 3.5)  but I don't know if it supports long filenames.
Check the burn settings when you burn your disc.

/Almquist