Subject: Disklabel / boot problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/20/2000 22:20:24
For some time, I have been using a 486 PC as a boot server for my VAXen
and Sun.  Up until now this has been a dual boot machine with NetBSD on
wd1.  I have just given it it's own machine but can't boot it because
the drive on which it resides used to be a Linux boot drive and still
has LILO in the boot sector so it only gets as far as LI and then
realises that it can't find lilo.conf anymore.

Is there a way that I can install the NetBSD bootloader such that it
will boot standalone without losing the data on the drive?  Ideally I
would like to do this using  the  boot floppy from the install set if
possible rather than having to put the drive back in the original
machine to boot from hard disk.

Any suggestions would be very welcome as my NetBSD-VAX source tree is on
that drive so at present the VAX has no /usr/src :(

--
Regards
Pete