Subject: Re: Capturing a CD image
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/08/2000 04:37:37
On 07.04.00, 10:50:28, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 09:02:13PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> > What is the best way to capture an ISO image from a CD-ROM.
>
> cdrdao read-cd
>
> it even handles mixed-mode discs and generates a table of contents...

It has the additional advantage of being able to copy Audio-CDs with
non-silent pre-gaps (e. g. live recordings) and CDs with data tracks
in MODE2, which I have not found any other way of reading correctly.

Together with cdrecord, mkhybrid, cdparanoia and gcombust quite a
nice suite for CD production :)

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: true inheritors of the UNIX(tm) legacy.
		-- Erik E. Fair