Subject: Re: IPNAT question
To: None <>
From: Henry Nelson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/03/2000 14:57:38
> to the world. Each of the 192.168.X.0 networks are over a
> router. Whenever one of them goes outside the NAT server, I get a
> console message complaining that it can't find an ARP entry because the
> system isn't local. Any way to avoid all of those messages?
> /netbsd: arplookup: unable to enter address for (host is
> not on local network)

I get similar messages since setting up a NAT/ipf server.  I assumed
that there was nothing I could do about it since the authorities here
have two subnets, (the subnet the NAT/ipf server is on)
and, sharing a single physical wire.

If there is some way to have the kernel/arplookup not issue a warning,
please cc me in your reply.  TIA.

henry nelson