Subject: Re: another problem burning CDs
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/27/2000 23:25:08
On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 01:40:17PM -0500, Laine Stump wrote:
> Yep - picking rockridge only made it work. Thanks.
>
> I *thought* I had understood from the stuff I read that a single CD could
> support multiple directory types. Is that untrue? Or is there a deficiency
> in mkhybrid? (Or is it maybe just that rockridge and joliet in particular
> conflict with each other in their bastardization of the 9660 format? Hmm -
> or is it because Joliet doesn't support symlinks, and for some reason
> mount_cd9660 is preferring Joliet over RockRidge? Enquiring minds want to
> know! ;-)

It may also be because NetBSD interprets both rockridge and joliet
extentions at the same time. Been there, on a CD mastered with
'-J -R'  'ls' showed only 'Makefile' (and this is correct) but 'ls Makefile'
and 'ls makefile' both worked (where the second should have failed.
The consequence was that 'make' used 'makefile' instead of 'Makefile',
and pkgsrc doesn't like that :)