Subject: Re: Tricky ipf/ipnat question (longish)
To: Martijn Bakker <m.p.bakker@student.utwente.nl>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/26/2000 14:00:13
On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 01:24:14AM +0100, Martijn Bakker wrote:
> The whole setup is behind a cable modem, and of course the cable router
> doesn't know where to find the two machines if I don't tell it that the
> route to these goes through the firewall. (i.e. all I get is 'arp
> who-has' messages from the router, these don't go past the firewall/nat
> and hence never get answered).

I didn't read all the remaining details, but say your 2 machines behind the
firewall are 111.111.111.111 and 222.222.222.222, and the outside interface
of your firewall is xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, would creating file containing say

111.111.111.111 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx pub
222.222.222.222 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx pub

and then running arp -f arp.conf do the trick for you?

Cheers,

Patrick