Subject: Re: Cyclades 16 serial port PCI problems
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/22/2000 02:22:12
What doesn't work? I'm not sure what's technically wrong, but if I
attempt to open a connection to any of the 16 serial ports on the
breakout box (using kermit, pilot-xfer, or anything that uses a serial
port), the connection hangs (I don't know exactly what happens, but
some of the colored LEDs on the Radio Shack RS232 Mini-tester that
I've placed on the port turn red instead of yellow or green, so at
least something is happening at the serial port, but the signal that's
getting through isn't right). About a minute later, my whole machine
becomes non-responsive and is inaccessible from the console, telnet,
or any other way I could think of communicating with it, requiring a
reboot.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net