Subject: Re: Configuring a SEAGATE DAT tape drive
To: Dave Archer <>
From: Yoseff Francus <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2000 16:56:27

That makes sense.

However, I was getting far far less than 2GB on a when using dump to create
the tape.
What is even odder is that while dump does not work very well I was
able to tar a 1.7GB filesystem to the tape without a problem and without
the message that only one density is supported. I wonder why dump and tar
give different behaviors.