Subject: Re: making a bootable CD with mkhybrid
To: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/20/2000 17:20:32
Laine Stump writes:

> And the CD burned with mkhybrid looks oh so nice when I insert it in a
> Windows machine (all the filenames look just like they should).
>
> Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

One thing to watch out for with Joliet extensions is lower case names.
What I mean is that under MSDOS with MSCDEX you might end up with lower
case names in the ISO9660 format, and not be able to access them.
This only happened to me once with mkhybrid and I haven't had a chance
to look into it.  It could easily have been my fault as well. :)

I only point this out because a DOS boot floppy may not work as expected.
(not that anyone would ever use a DOS floppy with his NetBSD CD??)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.