Subject: making a bootable CD with mkhybrid
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/20/2000 14:30:11
When I try to make a bootable CD image with mkhybrid, I get the
following error message:

    Uh oh, I cant find the boot image!

This is the command I'm using:

    mkhybrid -b /boot-big.fs -c boot.catalog -J -R -T \
    -o /drive2/netbsd.image -x /drive2 /

(I'm trying to just make a complete copy of my existing system). The
file /boot-big.fs does exist, the file boot.catalog doesn't (It sounded
from the man page like that was a file that would be created on the CD
only).

Does someone have a cheat sheet for doing this? I'm looking for
something that will create a CD reabable (with long filenames) on as
many systems as possible (not sure whether I'll bother figuring out
Mac/HFS).

(BTW, I'm using mkhybrid instead of mkisofs because I want the JOLIET
stuff on the disk too. (Is this really necessary to have long filenames
on MS Windows? Or is Rock Ridge enough for everybody?)