Subject: Problem with the Searchable Mail Archive
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/15/2000 22:53:30
So I'm trying to find an old message about a problem I'm experiencing,
and I use the searchable mail archive. It comes back with 8 messages,
but four of them don't have the search term I was using. And they came
from a suspicious list (tech-kern instead of the expected port-vax). So
I check the indicated message ID in the port-vax list (rather than the
indicated tech-kern), and sure enough, those messages had the search
term. I'm guessing that the hash that the search tool uses needs to be
re-built.

Just a thought.

If you want to reproduce the error, try searching the archive for
"rz23", then try finding it in any of the first four hits (ie, the ones
that show four star matches). Then look at that message date and number
under the port-vax archive, and you'll find "rz23" in the indicated
messages.

--
 -J. Buck Caldwell