Subject: Re: using postfix
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Santos <mike@ethmoid.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/08/2000 10:41:54
On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 04:01:18PM +0100, Reinoud Koornstra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed postfix (well i didnt, the script in the pksrc did it :) ).
> Now i need to get things started here. Should i copy the files from
> /usr/local/share/postfix to /etc/postfix ?
> Should i adjust the /etc/mailer.conf?
> I tried to find a note somewhere on it, but didnt.
> Any help would rock.
> Bye,

You will need to copy main.cf, master.cf and postfix-script to
/etc/postfix, and edit main.cf to fit your local setup. If you want to run
postfix chroot'ed, you'll also need to edit master.cf.

mailer.conf should be set to point to the postfix bins, e.g.:

sendmail        /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail
send-mail       /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail
mailq           /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail
newaliases      /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail

--
Michael Santos
mike@ethmoid.org