Subject: Re: using postfix
To: None <>
From: Michael Santos <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/08/2000 10:41:54
On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 04:01:18PM +0100, Reinoud Koornstra wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed postfix (well i didnt, the script in the pksrc did it :) ).
> Now i need to get things started here. Should i copy the files from
> /usr/local/share/postfix to /etc/postfix ?
> Should i adjust the /etc/mailer.conf?
> I tried to find a note somewhere on it, but didnt.
> Any help would rock.
> Bye,

You will need to copy, and postfix-script to
/etc/postfix, and edit to fit your local setup. If you want to run
postfix chroot'ed, you'll also need to edit

mailer.conf should be set to point to the postfix bins, e.g.:

sendmail        /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail
send-mail       /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail
mailq           /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail
newaliases      /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail

Michael Santos