Subject: Re: aliases in kde
To: <>
From: <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/07/2000 12:35:21
>> .login files are largely useless.

>I'm of the opinion that it's better to set some things in your .login (or

>equivalent), rather than your .cshrc.  $PATH is one of these things.

definitely. Most environment, certainly.

Anecdote: i was helping a friend at U once... things that had to start a
shell (like script) were *amazingly* slow compared to what I was used to.=20
Turned out he had a whole bunch of stuff in his .cshrc that should've been
in his .login.  Rearranged things a little, *poof*, everything worked the
same for him except much faster :)  'course that was on a VAX, with the
zippety hardware now, who cares? ;)