Subject: Re: Long Filenames from CDROM
To: None <toast@iinet.net.au>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/25/2000 08:58:43
>Yeah i have 8.3 disabled in WinCrap, but i was more interested that the CURRENT
>kernal sees them, whereas RELEASE does not.  As Frank pointed out, CURRENT ( to
>be 1.5) supports them.  Problem is when i go to CURRENT my librairies don't
>match my kernal anymore (see earlier message).

That is not what I was talking about.

All kernels can read ISO9660 standard naming, but your windows program used
"Joliet" naming which only the CURRENT kernels can read.

Look for an option in your Windows CD program that just says "ISO 9660 names".
Not 8.3, not Joliet, and not "Romeo" (that is yet another Windows-specific
naming extension). At least Easy CD Creator has this, because that's what I
use (since it came with my CD burner).

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com