Subject: Re: Cornerstone 21/72 monitor
To: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@marconicomms.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/23/2000 19:26:35
Hi George,

George Sollish wrote:
> I was able to acquire one of these 21" displays and wonder whether it is

I don't know what kind of display this is. Is it a fixed frequency
or a multifrequency monitor? Can it only be driven by a special
video card? If so, why?

> supported on 1.4.1-i386 platforms.  It has its own video card with a
> Cirrus Logic GD5420 chipset which my custom kernel finds as

Where does this card come from? Was it in use before you got it?
In which system? Can you get more information from the former
owner/user?

> 'vga0 at pci0 dev 19 function 0: Cornerstone Technology product 0x0002
> (rev 0x01)' and 'Cornerstone Technology product 0x0002 (undefined subclass
> 0x00, rev 0x01) at pci0 dev 19 function 1 not configured'. XF86Setup-3.3.6
> (compiled yesterday) can't build a useable config file at any resolution.

Any VGA compatible gfx-card should be useable with the
VGA-XServer. Is the console screen ok? What did the output
i.e. screen look like when you tried configuring it?
If it is a fixed frequency monitor, you must configure
the X-Server to use these certain frequencies the monitor
can handle.

> I also tried, without luck, driving it through a Trident 3DImage 975 card.

What did the screen look like?

> Does anyone remember these old displays?

I don't :-) Did you try an internet search to find more
details about the monitor?

  Guenther