Subject: German language support?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/17/2000 01:30:58
Hi all,

I'm working on learning German.  My handwriting is illegible even to
me, so being able to type the language is shortly going to be
important!

How does someone with PCs with US-style keyboards go about entering
and viewing German text?  For my purposes I'm interested in X and PCL
or Postscript printing, but any tips about character sets for email
and such would be welcome too.

I run NetBSD-1.4.1 typically, but also have some -current boxes.

I've worked on some internationalisation problems in the past, but one
way or another I have always avoided the actual data entry bit
... time to learn. :-)

Regards,

Giles