Subject: Re: VaxStation 2000
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2000 11:10:51
On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, John A. Maier wrote:

> I am in the position to purchase a VaxStation 2000.

Right. This would probably better be asked on port-vax, but I'll give
it a go here.

> 1) What kind of Hard Drive does it use?

I think it uses standard MFM hard drives. Certianly my MicroVAX 2000
has what looks like that.

> 2) Video output, B&W, RGB, or RS232?
> 3) Does it use the famous DEC keyboard?

I don't know about this, sorry. You can put a serial console on it,
though; I believe there's a note on this in the FAQ. (You have to short
a pair of pins on a DB-9 together.)

> 4) What is the mimimum amount of mem to run NetBSD?

It's hard to say. Mine has 14 MB, and runs great. A Sparcstation certainly
boots and runs in eight, though not in four. (It boots, and gets part-way
though /etc/rc, and then wedges.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.